As I was chatting with some of my friends the other day, I made an observation. Lots of the younger generation considers itself to be nerdy. They all have iPods, iPads and smart phones that, quite frankly, are smarter than I am. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate some of the finer nuances of the geek culture.
With an entire blog dedicated to costumes for babies, I figured it was time that the nerdy parents out there be able to outfit their kids in the Halloween costumes they really want. I guess tot every parent wants to put their kids in a cheerleader costume, so for those tech savvy mom and pop hipsters out there, I've compiled a few of the cutest nerdy baby costumes I could find.
All of your young padawans will thank me. You can send me your notes written in Klingon, if you want.
Top 10 Geeky Infant Costumes
- Princess Leia-You can never start them on Star Wars too soon. I'm a fan of this fake bun hood for baby Princess Leia's everywhere.
2. Padawon-If you happen to be a nerdy parent who has a set of boy/girl twins, how could you possibly resist a Princess Leia and Luke, or Annikin, or Stormtrooper duo.
3. Go for the Gold- Classic geek style makes an adorable baby costume.
4. Slacker nerd baby-yeah, some sleep-deprived parents don't get as excited about dressing up as others do. Choose baby t-shirt [ironic quotations] "costume" wisely or baby's grandma won't be pleased.
5. When in doubt, go with the Force- for a teeny, tiny newborns, sometimes a full costume can be tricky. In that case, there are countless onesies with hilarious sci-fi infused statements on them.
5. It's a bird, it's a plane.... no, it's Superbaby!- I don't know about you, but a baby wearing a cape is cute, and comic book nerds will appreciate our efforts. It's just too bad they can't save us from diaper duty.
6. Link- The perfect infant ensemble for the tiny spawn of gamers.
...but if you are a gamer, please, just don't dress your baby up as a joystick. Seriously? :)
7. Spiderbaby- Not that any of us should ever take parenting advice from Lindsay Lohan, but look at how much fun it would be to push this little tike around in this web-slinging outfit.
8. Robot/Manga Inpired Costumes- You'll have to cut me some slack here, since I'm not sure who or what these kids are supposed to be dressed up as, but come on, they look adorable.
9. Baby Darth Vader- Ok, I may be fuzzy on the timeline, but didn't Darth start out as Annikin? Either way, it makes a sweet costume.
10. Napolean Dynamite costumes for geek babies are hands-down, the best, and I saved the best for last. BEHOLD!
About Emma Rae Curtis